When will learners receive notifications?
The OttoLearn system will consider several factors when determining when and how to send learners notifications.
Learners will receive notifications if the following conditions are met:
- Notifications are enabled for the learner's profile
- The learner has been assigned an engagement schedule, and is not using the default "Anytime" schedule
- The learner meets one of the following criteria:
|The learner has an engagement schedule with a "Required" value greater than zero.|
The learner has an
with an "Up To" value greater than
zero and at least one Concept:
For example, if a learner has an engagement schedule set to "Required: 0" and "Up To: 1", and they haven't done a Mastery Moment for that day, and they have at least 1 Concept below it's mastery goal, they will receive a notification.
OttoLearn figures out how many times it needs to nudge a learner and may prompt the learner up to the "up to" setting.
Note: The system will not notify a learner more than once in a three hour period.
Notifications will not be sent when:
- The learner is outside of their engagement schedule for the day (based on their set time zone)
- The learner received a notification within the past 3 hours
- The learner completed a Mastery Moment within the past hour
If a learner self-engages sufficiently, they may not receive notifications.
For example, one learner may self engage, and therefore not need any notifications, whereas another learner may need to be nudged a couple of times before they engage.