Information tends to be easier to visually scan and understand when it is presented as a list.
For example, which of the following is easier to read?
Paragraph format: Employees are expected to wear a company-branded shirt, black or navy dress pants, closed-toe shoes, and a name tag.
List format: Employees are expected to wear the following:
- Company-branded shirt
- Black or navy dress pants
- Closed-toe shoes
- Name tag
Lists are a great way to present your content because they:
- Help learners focus on one element at a time
- Reduce the effort required to build a mental model
- Are typically easier to consume
- Add order when presenting sequential steps